ROVs With Sonar Scanning Capabilities
Sonar ROVs to enhance your vision underwater.
Deep Trekker ROVs: Underwater Robotics Designed and Constructed for Numerous Purposes
Sound Navigation and Ranging (Sonar) technology uses sound waves for purposes such as navigation, communication and locating objects, typically in an underwater setting. The key advantage of using sonar in underwater operations is for low-visibility situations where a camera system or a diver’s eyes cannot see.
Deep Trekker Offers Remote Operated Sonar Scanning Vehicles
Deep Trekker, Inc. offers remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) equipped with cameras that are widely used for tasks such as underwater inspections, video recording, maintenance and repair operations.
By adding the optional TriTech Micron or the TriTech Gemini 720is Multibeam Imaging Sonar attachment, you get the benefit of remote operated sonar scanning that will significantly enhance your ROV’s ability to identify hidden objects that might otherwise go undetected by a camera system. TriTech International Limited is a leading global designer, manufacturer and integrator of reliable, high-precision underwater imaging equipment that is widely regarded as the standard for the industry.
TriTech Micron Single Beam
The TriTech Micron is a single beam sonar system that uses compressed high-intensity radar pulse (CHIRP) technology for enhanced range resolution. Micron transmits a single 360-degree beam that provides superior object recognition and avoidance. Micron also features Digital Sonar Technology (DST) that delivers the high level of image resolution and clarity typically found in larger, more expensive sonar systems. TriTech Micron is compatible with the Deep Trekker DTG2 and DTX2 ROV products.
TriTech Gemini 720is Multibeam
The Gemini 720is is a compact, lightweight multibeam sonar device that will instantly transform your underwater inspection drone into a multifunctioning imaging sonar ROV. Compatible with any Deep Trekker DTX2 ROV system, the Gemini 720is sonar scanner provides a 120-degree field of vision and integrated sound velocity sensor to produce a more detailed, data-rich image, even in poor visibility conditions.
Who Can Benefit From Using a Sonar ROV?
A sonar scan ROV can prove invaluable in a wide range of industries and applications. Examples include:
- Search and rescue operations: The use of sonar can make it easier to locate evidence or individuals who may have fallen overboard, victims of boating accidents and potential drowning victims.
- Underwater salvage operations: Sonar technology facilitates the location of underwater objects in deep sea salvage operations where murky waters may hinder maximum camera visibility.
- Inspecting submerged infrastructure: The sonar detection capabilities of the Micron and Gemini 720is can speed up and simplify the process of locating and inspecting underwater infrastructure such as piping systems.
- Underwater discovery: A sonar ROV can prove invaluable in helping undersea discovery operations when exploring sunken ships located well below the surface.
- Academic research: Sonar technology can aid academic researchers in their efforts to monitor aquatic wildlife or environmental conditions.
Contact Deep Trekker to Learn More About the Micron and Gemini 720is Sonar Systems
Contact us today to learn more about the many advantages of integrating sonar technology into your ROV. We’ll also be happy to provide a no-obligation TriTech Micron or TriTech Gemini 720is quote.