ROV Enhanced Capabilities with Sonar Technology
Shannon Regan | October 4, 2018
Enhance your underwater inspections using ROVs and sonar technology. Deep Trekker offers affordable and easy to use multidisciplinary ROVs with integrated sound navigation and ranging capabilities.
Underwater Robotics with Sonar Integration
Sound Navigation and Ranging (Sonar) technology uses sound waves for purposes such as navigation, communication and locating objects, typically in an underwater setting. The key advantage of using sonar in underwater operations is for low-visibility situations where a camera system or a diver’s eyes cannot see.
Deep Trekker Offers Remote Operated Sonar Scanning VehiclesDeep Trekker offers remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) equipped with cameras that are widely used for tasks such as underwater inspections, video recording, maintenance and repair operations.
By adding the optional TriTech Micron or the TriTech Gemini 720is Multibeam Imaging Sonar attachment, you get the benefit of remote operated scanning that will significantly enhance your ROV’s ability to identify hidden objects that might otherwise go undetected by a camera system. These attachments allow for both side and forward scanning capabilities. TriTech International Limited is a leading global designer, manufacturer and integrator of reliable, high-precision underwater imaging equipment that is widely regarded as the standard for the industry.
Who Can Benefit?A sonar scan ROV can prove to be invaluable in a wide range of industries and applications.
- Search and rescue operations: The use of sonar can make it easier to locate evidence or individuals who may have fallen overboard, victims of boating accidents and potential drowning victims.
- Underwater salvage operations: Facilitates the location of underwater objects in deep sea salvage operations where murky waters may hinder maximum camera visibility.
- Inspecting submerged infrastructure: The sonar detection capabilities of the Micron and Gemini 720is can speed up and simplify the process of locating and inspecting underwater infrastructure such as piping systems.
- Underwater discovery: Can prove invaluable in helping undersea discovery operations when exploring sunken ships located well below the surface.
- Academic research: Can aid academic researchers in their efforts to monitor aquatic wildlife or environmental conditions.
Contact us today to learn more about the many advantages of integrating sonar technology into your ROV. We’ll also be happy to provide a no-obligation quote.
Search and Recovery Missions Using Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV)
April 17, 2019
Search and Recovery Missions Using Remotely Operated Vehicles...
New Underwater Drone DTG3 ROV powered by BRIDGE technology
April 4, 2019
New Underwater Drone DTG3 ROV powered by BRIDGE technology...